Friday, August 26, 2011

The Green Red Sox Hat

So, anyone who knows me has seen me in my favorite green Red Sox hat on many occasions.  What can I say?  Guys aren't the only ones who want to cover up messy hair and keep the sun out of their eyes.  Perhaps my hat was a bit grungy by girl standards (okay, maybe by guy standards too), but it was perfectly weathered and worn and I loved it.


However,  a few months ago I admitted defeat.  The hat had reached a point where even I was embarrassed to wear it in public.  I went almost the whole summer trying out various other baseball caps - pink with an alligator, yellow Boston College, beige - but it felt like I was fooling myself.  I had never realized how much of my identity was found in my hat choice.


Luckily, last weekend we found one up by Fanneuil Hall.  It's green alright.  Really green.  But I think this might be the start of something good.  Welcome back color!


No comments:

Post a Comment